Welcome to My Personal Fundraising Page for Cancer LifeNet
I am walking in May to help raise critical funds for the Cancer LifeNet. Would you consider helping make a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families? The link to my personal fundraising page is at the end of this email.
Everyone in our community knows someone who has faced the terribly frightening disease of cancer and has seen, firsthand, the impact this disease has in so many ways. Sometimes the unknown can be the biggest fear for individuals when they receive a cancer diagnosis. Navigating the health care system while facing a life-threatening illness can be a major challenge.
Through the combined efforts of The Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation (UCHF) and its Chesapeake Cancer Alliance (CCA) volunteers, Cancer LifeNet at University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health's Kaufman Cancer Center was founded in 2006. This program is funded fully through philanthropy and offers free-of-charge supportive care services to all residents of Harford and Cecil counties, regardless of where they receive their cancer treatment. Designed to help patients and their loved ones balance work, family, and cancer treatment; services provided by Cancer LifeNet include:
- Education and assistance from oncology nurse navigators
- Counseling and assistance with access to resources from oncology social workers
- Support groups and educational programs
- Specialized nutritional counseling
- A patient financial advocate to educate the potential financial impact as well as assist the patient to financial resources not otherwise covered by insurance
- Support from trained volunteer navigators who have personal experience with cancer
Last year, nearly 100 different support group meetings took place where local patients and their family could gather, receive information about their illness and recovery, share experiences and feelings, and be surrounded by neighbors who really understand what they are going through. In addition to support group meetings, more than 150 wellness programs were provided. These programs include, but are not limited to:
- Fit and Active classes
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction classes
- Healthy cooking and eating
- Gardening classes
- Massage therapy
- Children's Lives Include Moments of Bravery (CLIMB) - a support program for children with a loved one facing cancer - designed to educate, support, and help children cope with the many emotions commonly experienced during this time
Cancer LifeNet means that our family, friends, and neighbors who hear the words "You Have Cancer" are not alone as they move with their cancer treatment - This is friends and neighbors helping friends and neighbors in the fight against cancer.
Yours in health,
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.